The coldest I've ever felt in my life!

Its the beginning of October and our year has a study trip to Holland. I was well excited! But the excitement was short lived...

We got to Holland and I swear it was the coldest week of my life! Although I loved the architecture there, the bitter coldness detracted from the whole experience.

On the day we went to see the Utrecht University library, I honestly thought I'd lost my toes! Bar this slight drawback the library was my favourite building. I loved how although the interior was majorly black, it still felt bright and airy. It was also as though the building had a mind of its own...it knew when more natural light was needed and when the shutters should block like out. The shutters did this all themsleves! I also loved the labirinth of stairs. Looking up at them was as though they were never going to end!

No comments:

Post a Comment