I now have a whole new repect for Builders!

At the end of the shelter project, three designs were chosen to be built. I was in the Point group. At the beginning of the project, I was mostly involved with the fundraising side of things. We had cake sales, a raffle night, pound tosses and a club night to raise money for the materials needed. I enjoyed selling the cakes and things but the most banter and biggest struggles were when it came to actually building the shelter. I now have a whole new respect for builders. I loved the sawing...was great fun, but when it came to screwing the cladding to the frame in the pouring rain, at minus whatever degrees I wasnt too happy. Can't believe builders are happy to work in the freezing cold and pouring rain! That week was enough for me. Thank god that architects are mainly based in office! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment