Intervention: Structure

I had a look at various structures types that I could use to make my building stand. It was the trusses used in The Dutch Embassy in Berlin that I found really interesting. Not only did this keep the building up but it also created an interesting feature as shown in the photograph to the left.

I modelled this structure, creating seperate "boxes" for each space. Originally the strcture was stacked directly apon each other. Once the basic framework was constructed, I played about with the form, taking pieces away and rotating others. Some pieces were pulled forward, were others were pushed back as shown in the photograph to the right. This pushing and pulling of spaces brought the concept of weaving to the elevation as well as giving the building more depth than just being like another tower block.

No comments:

Post a Comment